Rental of the entire property, park (5 acres) and castle (1200 m2) with its reception rooms and all the bedrooms.
Stay “marriage, family celebration” of 3 days and 2 nights: quotations on request.
The price includes rooms and charges for heating, electricity and water, park maintenance, and regular cleaning rooms. Upon request, breakfasts and meals could be provided. The linen is provided, linen and towels, beds made on arrival. Damage deposit required : € 2,000
| Season | Stay | ||
|---|---|---|---|
| Low season | |||
| Mid season | |||
| High season | |||
| Quote upon request | |||
We find the first traces of this house in 1463, which at that time belonged to Antoine de Loras, Lord of Montplaisant. In the eighteenth century, the U-shaped chateau belonged to Chossat de Montessuy family. They undertook major work in 1787, including the four seasons lounge with stucco classified by historical monuments. This work is unfinished because the family were forced to leave the castle during the Revolution.
In 1804, Baron Belvey, returned from exile in Italy, bought the estate and change it by building the large gallery to join the two wings of the U, drawing inspiration from Italian houses. His daughter Alix Belvey, friend of the Cure of Ars, created the hedges in the park, which are also classified. She lived in the castle until her death in 1877.
In 1936 Montplaisant was acquired by Mr. Brondel, whose wife and two daughters, Elizabeth and Christine are the current owners. Extensive renovations have been undertaken whilst respecting the charm of the place.
From Lyon, Geneva or Paris (by Mâcon) :